NLACL’s Inclusive Education Award
The Newfoundland and Labrador Association for Community Living (NLACL) hosts and presents the Inclusive Education Award every year to honour a K-12 school in Newfoundland and Labrador that has shown an exceptional spirit in creating a school that is welcoming and inclusive for students with an intellectual disability. Contact us for more information.
Download Nomination Information form for the 2020 Inclusive Education Award.
2019 Inclusive Education Award Recipient
Each year, NLACL is proud to honour a school that has embodied the spirit of inclusion by creating an environment that is welcoming. We are pleased to announce that Roncalli Elementary School in St. John’s is the recipient of the 2019 Inclusive Education Award. Click here to download a press release for more information.
Previous winners of the Inclusive Education Award are:
- 2019 RonCalli Elementary School, St. John’s
- 2018 Gander Collegiate, Gander
- 2017 Larkhall Academy, St. John’s
- 2016 St. James Regional High, Port aux Basques
- 2015 Smallwood Academy, Gambo
- 2014 Heritage Collegiate, Lethbridge
- 2013 Coley's Point Primary, Coley's Point
- 2012 Bishop's College, St. John's
- 2011 Memorial Academy, Botwood
We are excited to invite nominations for the Inclusive Education Award for this year. Want to show how inclusive your school is? Applying for this award is easy!
- Attach three signed letters of nomination detailing why you feel your school deserves to receive the IE award. Reflect on inclusion in either your school as a whole or on the actions of specific people within the school that has made it a diverse and welcoming place to learn.
- Each letter should be a minimum of one to a maximum of two typed pages.
- Each school is also encouraged to submit supporting photographic documentation, with pertinent captions, to bring the total submission to a maximum of 8 pages.
- Nomination letters should come from three of the following:
- District Office Personnel
Submissions may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 709-722-1325 or postal mailed to
NL Association for Community Living
P.O. Box 8414, St. John's, NL A1B 3N7